Numerous individuals have turned to facial fillers for fuller and smoother facial skin. The volume of the face is often lost due to the process of aging. Dermal fillers are administered using an injection to improve the appearance of many different cosmetic issues including hollow areas, deeper wrinkles, fine lines and other issues. Fillers contain special substances like hyaluronic acid. These products are able to rejuvenate the skin by replacing the loss of soft tissue volume, eliminating or decreasing the appearance of wrinkles and enhancing the lips.
Fillers are a good temporary solution for cosmetic facial issues. There are many different types of facial fillers currently available. The fillers serve numerous purposes including lip augmentation and reducing wrinkles. The correct filler for your goals is determined by a qualified professional.
Your body naturally contains a filler called hyaluronic acid. As your production drops, the result is a loss of volume in your face. This is partially responsible for an aged appearance, hollow areas, deeper folds, marionette lines and nasolabial folds. The lost volume can be replaced with dermal filler injections to create a younger facial appearance.
Fillers are effective for asymmetrical lips, lined lips, lip augmentation and plumping thinner lips. Your session will most likely last for just minutes. The actual time is based on how many facial areas you want to have treated. If you experience any downtime at all, it should be very slight. Most individuals are able to resume whatever they were doing immediately once their session concludes. Once the filler has been injected, your wrinkles and fine lines are softened. You will not need to spend the night in a hospital because the injections are a simple treatment performed in the comfort of our office.
The majority of fillers currently available are a clear gel with a hyaluronic acid base. Hyaluronic acid is safe for your body because of what it is. Your body naturally produces this clear substance. Most of the hyaluronic acid in your body accumulates in the liquid in your skin, tissue and eyes. The stickiness of the substance enables the tissues of your body to stay well-lubricated and moist. Man-made hyaluronic acid simulates the natural substance already found in your body. The FDA has approved hyaluronic acid as being safe for treating a wide range of issues associated with the skin such as aging skin. One of the most popular brands of fillers containing hyaluronic acid is Juvederm®, and for good reason. You will also find hyaluronic acid in eye drops, supplements, topical ointments, injectables, serums and medicines.
Hyaluronic acid draws moisture to the injection site and restores volume. Since your body is already familiar with this substance, using the man-made version is already a natural process. The best candidate for a dermal filler has moderate to severe skin folds or wrinkles on the face. These fillers are also effective for the enhancement of certain facial features.
This option is selected by numerous individuals who do not want to have a face lift. Originally, this treatment was the most popular among individuals in their thirties to sixties. The popularity is now increasing among individuals in their younger years to decrease the damage due to exposure to the sun, medication and smoking. Many young women are interested in smoothing out the parenthesis lines between the nose and mouth and plumping their lips.
Prior to deciding to have filler injections, you need to arrange a consultation with our professional to make certain you are a good candidate. This will also provide you with the opportunity to ask questions about dermal fillers, find out exactly what is possible and gain a full understanding of the different fillers available and the way they work.
The Types of Facial Fillers
There are literally hundreds of different facial fillers currently available on the market. One of the very best of these is Juvederm®, which is made by the same company offering BOTOX®. The filler contains a hyaluronic acid gel contributing to both the hydration and volume of your face. This filler was created for the temporary correction of moderate to severe folds and wrinkles on your face. Our skilled professional can use this filler to add volume to your face and smooth out facial wrinkles and folds around various areas.
Facial fillers can be used by themselves or in combination with other treatments like BOTOX®. During a consultation, our professional can discuss this option with you in greater detail.
The Benefits of Facial Fillers
Facial fillers have become popular because this is one of the simplest ways to eliminate or decrease numerous cosmetic issues while enhancing the beauty of the individual. The most popular benefits of dermal filler injections include:
• The main reason for choosing dermal fillers is to achieve a more youthful appearance. The injections were created to help eliminate cosmetic issues to restore the look of younger and more radiant skin. No matter how many years the clock is turned back, the result is an improvement in the way the individual appears. The treatment typically increases self-confidence, enabling you to live a better quality of life and look forward to new experiences. According to studies, there is a link between the appearance of an individual and their overall contentment with life.
• The appearance of your face will change as you start to age. This often results in a loss of fullness in your mid-face and cheeks. Your cheek volume can be restored with facial fillers. Your results from this procedure can last for quite a while before repeat injections become necessary.
• If you have either a sunburn or a tan, the annoying lines around your eyes are going to look even worse. As you continue to smile and laugh as the years pass, the wrinkles will continue to deepen until they become permanent. Facial fillers can help to eliminate these wrinkles.
• You may have tear troughs directly under your eyes. These are the formation of grooves right above your cheeks and under your lower eyelids. In most cases, tear troughs are a hereditary issue. These troughs are easy to fix using a filler beneath your eyes.
• The creases from the corners of the lips to the bottom of the nose are referred to as nasolabial folds. As you start to age, these folds will become deeper. This makes them much more obvious. The volume in this area can be increased using facial fillers. This decreases the appearance of these lines. There are different dermal fillers frequently used to treat this issue. All of them last for a relatively long time before follow-up injections are required to maintain the results. This is an effective treatment for this specific issue with good results.
• There are dermal fillers created specifically to provide your lips with a plumper appearance. This type of filler restores a plumper volume to your lips, provides new fullness and hydration, defines the borders of your lips and creates the appearance of symmetry. Once the fine lines around your lips have been smoothed out, the result is an amazing smile. The fillers most often used for eliminating or minimizing the fine lines on the lips are designed to provide results that look natural and subtle.
• Dermal fillers can address various areas and restore a more natural appearance to the skin. There are different dermal fillers available for almost every type of sign of facial aging. During a consultation, our professional will determine the best filler for your wants and needs.
• One of the biggest benefits of dermal fillers is the fact that the treatment is non-surgical. Patients can simply visit our office, receive the injections and then get back to their errands that same day. The convenience of this treatment cannot be overlooked. Treatment sessions are designed to be quick and easy, even for those with busy schedules.
• Almost anyone can become frustrated by the lines forming around the mouth and right above the lips. Even when these lines are very thin, they can make you look much older than your true age. This is because they not only detract from the appearance of your lips, but the beauty of your entire face as well. Vertical lip lines can result from genetics, puckering the lips in an attempt to concentrate or even smoking. Juvederm® is very effective for treating vertical lines on the lips. It will provide you with a more youthful appearance overall.
Who is a Good Candidate?
It’s important to understand that although facial fillers are non-surgical and entirely safe, not everyone is a good candidate for the treatment. The best candidates are in good overall health and have realistic expectations regarding the treatment and the results. They know that the treatment isn’t going to make them look 20 years younger; it’s going to make them look younger and more refreshed with less lines and wrinkles.
Good candidates for this treatment are most likely dealing with any of the following complaints:
- Mid-face volume loss
- Thinning lips
- Fine lines and wrinkles around the forehead, eyes, mouth and brows
Both men and women can benefit from treatment with facial fillers. It is becoming more and more common for men to seek out this treatment.
Please feel free to schedule your personal consultation at ReJUVU Day Spa so that you can get all the facts about facial fillers and how they can help you. We would be more than happy to evaluate your facial features and determine whether or not this treatment option can work in your case. Our spa is conveniently located in West Point, UT. Contact us today to book an appointment and get started!